Saturday, September 6, 2014

My Vintage, Crochet Caravan!



This is what I have been working on for quite some time now. My own little caravan. I've been a bit reluctant to post about it because of copyright issues but then I thought.... do I really want to be all squirrely - I would so prefer to share with you guys what I am doing. So, this is what you do when you would love to have caravan, but just can't quite justify it - crochet hooks come out and a new pattern is developed. Keep in mind that this really is a work in progress and any patterns will be a very long way from being released in any format.
Meet Rosie.
Remember the kitchen sink - this is who it was made for.
 Both windows have net curtains made from my grandmother's lace.
 Spare tyre for emergencies.
I would love to crawl into this bed for a nap.
Cup of tea anyone?

 The tap is made from an earring.
I used my one of my favourite Liberty fabrics for the decking - it's so retro and caravany.

And shouldn't all caravans have a name like Rosie or Flo?
Unfortunately I'm not keeping this one - she is going to be sold as a fundraiser for the boys' school and is up for auction tonight at the ball. I'll let you know how she goes tomorrow. In the meantime though, I just want to start making the next one!
Lots and lots of love,
Kate.

UPDATE!  Since then this pattern has been developed and published in my book "Let's Go Camping! Crochet Your Own Adventure" with many other patterns like ice cream trucks and lakeside cabins. Physical copies have almost sold out but it is available in digital form through online booksellers. 

There is also an errata page for the book here.

If you would like to see another small and magical crochet world with rabbits, click here!

If you would like to make a circus, click here.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails