Friday, March 1, 2013

Rainbow Cakes.

 This year I decided to bite the bullet (ouch) and make a rainbow layer cake for Hugo's birthday. Gluten free too I must add. I'm not a cake professional at all, they usually come together in the end with lots of sweating and swearing along the way... however, this one has been pure fun.
 I used Martha Stewart's icing but with vanilla extract rather than lemon. 
 And now having iced the cake I think I am going to die. I have never felt so sick in my life from nibbling bits and pieces along the way. Eyes can test things Kate, trust your eyes...
 Usually with left over icing I do little treats for birthday parties like the biscuits above. Such a great cheat.
 With the cake I was left these colourful strips, very corally and sea creaturey.
But I ended up having to throw them out because I was so sick of the cake smell. I am hoping this feeling will go away by tomorrow and that I won't grimace every time a cake-smeared child comes my way.
Next rainbow layer cake there will be no 'testing' along the way. Bllrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Love Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails